Dr Sarah Newton
General Paediatrician in Cayman
MBChB, FRACP (paeds), DCH
SPECIALIST GENERAL PAEDIATRICIAN & NEWBORN CARE
Born in New Zealand, Dr Newton is a general paediatrician with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, tertiary level trained in highly respected paediatric and neonatal centres in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Her specific interests include neonatal care, complex diagnoses and developmental follow up.
Every Monday, Dr. Sarah Newton will be located at our Harbour Walk Location – 52A Edgewater Way.
More Information & Booking
If you cannot see an Integra appointment slot available, please call us on (345) 745 7450 within office hours, and we will do our best within our capacity.
Appointment Booking with Dr Newton
Please simply work through the steps on screen. Please note that even if Dr Newton has been your child’s paediatrician at a different clinic in Cayman, if this is your first visit to Integra you must tick ‘no’ against Existing Patient. If you are using a smartphone, it helps to turn your screen sideways (landscape). Thank you.
Please use the following information when prompted to do so:
- Your own email & mobile phone
- Your child’s name
- Child’s date of birth & gender
Choose a Location to Book Online:
IntegraHealthcare at Grand Pavilion
IntegraHealthcare at Harbour Walk
Services, Conditions & Procedures
- General Paediatrics
- Well-Child Assessments
- Developmental Follow-up
- Urgent Care & Advice
- Hospital Admissions
- Growth, Nutrition & Digestive
- Respiratory Problems
- Autistic Spectrum & ADHD
- Lumps, Bumps & Bashes
- Fever, Bugs & Rashes
Newborn (Neonatal) Services
- Attending Deliveries
- Attending C-Sections
- Newborn Complications
- Resuscitation & Emergencies
- Advanced Neonatal Care
- Baby Checks
- 1st Year of Life
- Respiratory & Neurology
- Referral Management
Dr Newton Career Highlights
- FRACP (Paeds), Fellow of The Royal Australian College of Physicians
- Newborn Life Support & Advanced Paediatric Life Support Training
- Tertiary newborn care training & experience from Singapore, Australia & New Zealand
- Special Interest in Developmental Paediatrics
- Special Interest in Complex Diagnostics
Education, Training & Experience
Dr Newton has the following qualifications & accreditation:
- MB ChB, Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery with Distinction
- FRACP (Paeds), Fellow of The Royal Australian College of Physicians
- DCH, Diploma in Child Health
Dr Newton has the following additional training pertinent to her neonatal & paediatric work in hospital:
- Newborn Life Support Training
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Training
Dr Newton is a New Zealand born General Paediatrician under the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and has been a paediatrician here in Grand Cayman for more than 7 years, providing important continuity of care to the many children under her care across that time. She is also a busy mum to four children of her own, ranging in age from 10 months through to 11 years, as of writing. She believes in a holistic approach to health care, patient advocacy and empowering patients and their families through education and preventative health care.
- Competent in resuscitation of seriously ill children using APLS guidelines.
- Competent in management of children who require high dependency care and stabilisation of children prior to transfer to PICU.
- Competent in management of children with wide range of common childhood diseases.
- Competent in planning discharge of complex long stay patients.
- Clinical Supervision of junior doctors in their clinical duties including technical paediatric procedures
- Competent in the following practical procedures: peripheral intravenous access, peripheral arterial access, peripheral long-line insertion, lumber puncture.
- Competent in child protection procedures and medical examination.
- Darkness to Light training
- Experience in developmental assessment, ADHD and autistic spectrum disorder clinics.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary developmental clinic assessment of children with complex developmental and social/behavioural concerns.
Neonatal (Newborn) Experience
My training and experience stretches over many years and includes training and experience in a wide variety of units, including tertiary hospitals in Singapore (KKH Women & Children’s Hospital), Australia & New Zealand, prior to working as a paediatrician in Cayman.
- Attending deliveries of all kinds – normal vaginal, caesarean section and assisted deliveries of all kinds
- Initial assessment of newborn infants
- Newborn baby checks
Neonatal Care Experience
- Competent in all aspects of modern neonatal care.
- Competent in resuscitation of very premature and sick term neonates
- Competent in the use of conventional ventilation, high frequency oscillation ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide therapy, as well as noninvasive ventilation – CPAP
- Competent in the management of babies with congenital abnormalities, cardiac and surgical conditions
- Competent in neonatal intensive care skills such as endotracheal intubation, umbilical venous and arterial catheterisation, peripheral venous and arterial access, insertion of long lines, chest drain, dilutional and exchange transfusion.
- Competent in antenatal counseling of parents of premature babies and babies with antenatal diagnosis.
Latest Communications from Dr Newton
School holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun activities; and teens can stay up as late as there's no school! After holidays (such as the upcoming Easter break), our teens can become sluggish and low on energy. They go to bed late and must wake up early for...
This article aims to demystify common food allergies, breaking down the misconception that certain foods and drinks such as cow's milk, eggs and peanuts should not be given to children at such a young age. Most common food allergies Food allergy occurs when a child’s...
Understanding the Health Insurance Claims Process What Happens After you Leave? Understanding the health insurance claims process is complicated enough for the health professionals providing you with care, let alone the poor patient without an inside knowledge...
Choosing your Paediatrician - Parental Rights Choosing your Paediatrician - Parental Rights as a topic is an important one but it should not be a stressful one and we hope this short article will provide you with some helpful insight, both about your rights as parents...
Recent articles from The Times and the BBC revealed that several families in the UK have already tragically suffered loss of their children with the death toll for Strep A reportedly rising to seven since September 2022. Four-year-old Camila Rose Burns’ family asking...
Chief Medical Officer says ‘No Cause For Concern’ and no local transmission from imported case of Dengue in Cayman Brac in November
In a statement made last month, the Public Health Department, Customs and Border Control (CBC) and the Mosquito Research and Control Unit (MRCU) confirmed that there was a case of Dengue Fever reported in Cayman Brac. They stated that the individual was receiving the...